Informazioni personali

La mia foto
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ― Marilyn Monroe

martedì 28 febbraio 2012

Wedding anniversary





A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. ~Mignon McLaughlin




My husband and I got married twice, once with a civil service and, four months later, in a beautiful church in the south of Italy with a religious ceremony. Today is our "civil wedding" anniversary!...Time has flown...our 5th anniversary and it seems yesterday!!!

The traditional fifth year wedding anniversary gift is one that is made from wood. Wood was selected for the fifth year of marriage because wood represents strength and a solid relationship. It was believed that both of these qualities were representative in a marriage which had successfully survived for five consecutive years.

The modern day anniversary gift suggestion for the fifth year wedding anniversary is silverware. While the fifth wedding year anniversary flower is a daisy.The gem that represents this anniversary is a Turquoise.

...It looks like I have many hints to get the right present for my husband...it could be a wooden picture frame, a wood sculpture or carvings, a silver necklace or bracelet...

Now I will wait till June for my next 5ht wedding anniversary...the taste of celebrating twice!!!

GBN

Nessun commento: